Sometimes it works . . . sometimes it doesn't.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Why Blog? (With Some Lists)

I tossed around the idea of starting this blog for quite a while before actually doing it. Believe me, I came up with a lot of reasons not to.  Among them were these:
1. It might take too much of my time.
2. I'm not really full of original ideas.
3. As far as "crafty-ness" goes, there are scads of people in my neighborhood alone who are better at these things than I am.  
4. I don't really have the techie know-how.

But, the more I thought about it, I just kept coming up with reasons that I should do it.  
1. Everything I plan on sharing here are things that I would be doing anyway, blog or not.
2. I spend more than an hour every day nursing the baby, and since I've become quite proficient at typing and nursing at the same time, it really won't take that much time.
3. I don't know how many times I've found instructions for how to do something and still had to figure it out myself.  Because my circumstances, materials, vision of what I want are just that much different.  So some of my reasons are selfish - now I will have documented just how I did whatever it was, and I'll be able to remember it next time.  
4. Back in the day, I was pretty good at writing.  Ok, actually, I was super good at writing (if I do say so myself).  And I've kind of lost that skill over the years.  I really need to get back in the habit of writing something that I expect other people to read.  Facebook does not count.  I am writing a novel, but that's kind of on hold because it's really hard for me to get into my happy authoress-ing mentality while also caring for two very sweet but also very high-maintainance little boys 24/7.  


 (case in point)

So then, here I am.  I can't make any promises about what kind of stuff to expect here.  But I can give you a little bit of an idea.  
1. Crafty stuff.  Rather varied, because I like to try everything.
2. Recipes.  Because food is good.
3. Musings.  What good is a blog if you can't subject your opinion on your readers?  Muahahahah!
4. Construction photos of the Payson Utah Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  We happen to live in the area, and it's going to be rather awesome to watch it go up!
5. Whatever else strikes my fancy.  Who knows what that might be!

 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Love it! I'm kinda where you're at to-start or not-to-start a blog about all my many projects. And the verdict is....to start! It won't be released for a little while though.

    I'm excited to see what you have to add to blog land!

    ReplyDelete