Sometimes it works . . . sometimes it doesn't.

Friday, December 2, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like . . .

Christmas!
Even though I don't particularly care for that song.  Oh well.  
I had a post planned today about making your own baby wipes . . . but the pictures are on the camera's memory card in Wyoming with my husband.  So that post will have to wait until later.  
Instead, I would like to share some Christmas cheer.  Today, it will be in the theme of Angels.

Normally, I would share a scripture, but basically every scripture I would want to share is touched on in this talk by  Jeffrey R. Holland

I recommend reading the whole thing, of course, but here are some of my favorite parts:

 
"When the time for this Savior’s advent was at hand, an angel was sent to announce to Mary that she was to be the mother of the Son of God. 3 Then a host of angels was commissioned to sing on the night the baby Jesus was born. 4 Shortly thereafter an angel would announce to Joseph that the newborn baby was in danger and that this little family must flee to Egypt for safety. 5 When it was safe to return, an angel conveyed that information to the family and the three returned to the land of their heritage. 6
From the beginning down through the dispensations, God has used angels as His emissaries in conveying love and concern for His children."

". . .I have spoken here of heavenly help, of angels dispatched to bless us in time of need. But when we speak of those who are instruments in the hand of God, we are reminded that not all angels are from the other side of the veil. Some of them we walk with and talk with—here, now, every day. Some of them reside in our own neighborhoods. Some of them gave birth to us, and in my case, one of them consented to marry me. Indeed heaven never seems closer than when we see the love of God manifested in the kindness and devotion of people so good and so pure that angelic is the only word that comes to mind."

So at Christmastime, not only do I like to think about and reflect on the angels who heralded the birth of our Savior,  but about all of the angels in my own life.  There are so many of them!  

Also, for your listening enjoyment, a lovely Christmas Angel song!

(I know it's not the best video quality ever, but it's still worth watching and listening to!)

No comments:

Post a Comment